Soft tissue management is nowadays the centre of every surgical technique performed on the oral tissues. Starting from procedures to correct gingival deficiencies around natural teeth, the webinars will focus on the application of such procedures around implants, where soft tissue augmentation is required both for optimal bone regeneration results and for the repair of aesthetic defects. New approaches with the use of biomaterials able to improve soft tissue quality and quantity will be discussed too.
The coronally advanced flap: surgical techniques for single and multiple recessions on natural teeth
- Gingival recessions: pre-operative evaluations / classification
- Indications and contraindications for the coronally advanced flap
- Surgical technique for single recession
- Surgical technique for multiple recessions
Aim of this webinar is to show when and how advancement of the pre-existing gingiva is a highly successful surgical procedure when covering gingival recessions is required.
Every kind of reconstructive surgery starts today from techniques aiming at the advancement of the flap in a coronal direction. Therefore surgical procedures using the pre-existing gingiva apical to the recession , both with vertical releasing incisions for the treatment of single root exposure and without for the treatment of multiple adjacent ones, are of great interest for the clinician. The course will illustrate different surgical procedures in different clinical situations in order to achieve predictable results in root coverage.
The connective tissue graft: alternative surgical options for single and multiple recessions
- Gingival recessions: pre-operative evaluations / classification -Indications and contraindications for the connective tissue graft
- Soft tissue harvesting techniques from the palate
- Surgical techniques (Envelope/Tunnel vs. conventional techniques with coronally or laterally positioned or double pedicle flap)
- Two-stage technique for the lower anterior area
Aim of this webinar is to show indications and practical procedures for available techniques of connective tissue graft on different clinical situations around natural teeth.
When changing a gingival biotype i required along with covering an exposed root, a connective tissue graft surgery is required. Several techniques, for covering single and mutiple recessions and for harvesting soft tissue from the palate, are available.The course will illustrate different surgical procedures in different clinical situations in order to achieve predictable results in root coverage. Adverse effects ,especially on the palatal site. will be discussed and procedures to turn them in successful healing will be proposed.
Surgical techniques for an optimal use of collagen matrices as connective tissue graft substitutes
- Collagen xenografts: biological principles and handling characteristics
- Indications and contraindications for the use of collagen matrices as soft tissue graft substitutes
- Surgical techniques for an optimal use of collagen matrices in the treatment of gingival recessions/carious and non carious cervical lesions
Aim of this webinar is to show when and how the use of collagen xenograft is an effective alternative treatment for gingival recessions where a connective tissue graft is conventionally indicated.
Soft tissue harvesting from the palate is still a procedure with a certain morbidity. Modern collagen matrices can perform very well in root coverage under strict criteria with no risk of adverse effects. The lecture will show limits and possibilities of the use of such biomaterials as soft tissue graft substitutes, describing the best surgical procedures to achieve optimal results.
Soft tissue management in bone regeneration around implants
- Flap design, full-thickness elevation and split thickness dissection to passively mobilize soft tissue in bone augmentation procedures
- Suturing techniques in bone augmentation procedures
- Surgical strategies in soft tissue management for GBR procedures in aesthetic areas
- Second surgical stage techniques to correct the position of the mucogingival junction after GBR procedures
Аim of this webinar is to show different techniques effective in terms of improvement of flap closure in bone augmentation procedures, both in posterior and in aesthetic areas.
Several bone augmentation procedures can nowadays achieve excellent clinical results, provided that primary soft tissue closure is obtained and maintained during the healing process. The course will show up to date surgical techniques for passive advancement and suturing of the flaps in GBR procedures. Alternative strategies of soft tissue management when treating aesthetic areas will be illustrated, too.
Surgical techniques to repair soft tissue defects in implant treatment
- Surgical techniques to repair various soft tissue defects around implants: absence of keratinized tissue (apical positioning of pre-existing tissues, soft tissue grafts)
- Insufficient tissue volume (soft tissue autogenous grafts and xenografts)
- Soft tissue fenestrations
- Soft tissue recessions after restoration
Aim of this webinar is to show practical procedures able to correct soft tissue defects around implants in cases both when buccal keratinized tissue is missing and gingival deformities (marginal recessions and volume deficiencies) are present.
During different steps of the implant treatment sequence, repairing soft tissue deformities is often required. The course will show how to perform such rescue techniques of soft tissue management, in order for achieving optimal results in terms of function and aesthetics.
Lecturer:ROBERTO ABUNDO M.D., D.D.S.
From 1994 to 2005 Adjunct Professor in Periodontology at the University of Torino (Italy) and from 2006 to 2016 Adjunct Professor in Periodontology at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (USA), currently he is in charge for the Continuing Education Course in Periodontal Plastic Surgery at Humanitas University in Milan (Italy). Active Member of S.I.d.P. (Italian Society of Periodontology) and I.A.O. (Italian Academy of Osseointegration).
Winner of the H. M. Goldman prize for clinical research in Periodontology from S.I.d.P. in 2000 and of the E.A.O. (European Academy for Osseointegration) prize for clinical research in Implantology in 2010.
Author of several publications in international peer reviewed journals and - together with Dr Giuseppe Corrente – of two textbooks on periodontal and implant topics.
He is also co-author of four chapters in textbook on the same topics.
Scientific Director of Dentalmedtv, web tv on the world of dentistry.
Private practice at Sicor in Torino, with practice limited to periodontal and implant surgery.
- early-bird registration
- in case of participation in the full course
- for the participants of other OHI-S congresses and seminars
25% for residents
25% for students and interns
All webinars are broadcasted on your personal page at our website. You can send your questions to the lecturer and watch the webinar later any time again.
More than 30000 dentists have become our clients and they trust us. Get an insight about our events and feedback from lecturers on the page
THIS EVENT IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY!
In order to maintain security we use a reliable data encryption system. All your payment data is transferred via secure data transmission channels. If you cannot make an online payment, we can issue an invoice for transaction in a banking office. In this case we will receive your payment within 3 banking days.
No worries! The recording of the webinar will be available at your personal page at our website. You can also watch the webinar later because we highly value your time.
Sure. We will make concessions to you in a dispute. However, we guarantee the quality of the content provided.
You are free to consult your personal manager about any issues.
You can just fill any registration form on our website.